June 28, 2009

i need to do something...

So I have this friend. Her name is Erin. She is wonderful. She got married a little over a year ago and just moved down to Texas to start a summer camp. I love her very much. And I really want her to have a baby...


Anyway, Erin and I were talking not long ago. We hadn't talked in a while so it was GREAT to get to catch up with her! We were talking about life and how I feel like I really need to DO something...something that matters. I don't know exactly what it is. For a while, I wanted to go to Africa. I'm not really sure about that one anymore. I thought maybe I wanted to go work at E's camp. That one's still a possibility. But maybe I'd like to just work at Uplift at school next summer. I've been looking at everyone's pictures from Uplift. I think I could do that. I need to feel like I have a purpose. I need to feel like I'm here for a reason. I want to be a part of something bigger. But I just don't know what to do. What's realistic? I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be something huge. I think working at VBS counts. I'll be doing that in July. I'm going to have to work on this a little bit. It's like that song by Lady Antebellum...I Was Here. Have you heard it? It's a really good one.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This morning at 8:00, I had my very first workout session with my new best friend Bob. Bob kind of kicked my butt. It was great. Tomorrow morning at 9:30, I'll be heading back over to Lifetime to run with Bob. We'll see how that goes. I am so NOT a runner, but I have to get into shape!! Bob is a running machine. Hopefully he can help me learn to love to run. I'm a little skeptical...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This afternoon, Mom and I are going to look at paint colors for "my" new room. This room, by the way, is not mine. Mom told me I could do whatever I wanted to and then picked out all of my bed linens for me. I guess it's fine. I mean, I'm not going to be in this room very long. I'll only be here until August and then home twice a semester until next summer. A white comforter is just fine. I kind of just want her to pick the paint color on her own. I don't really care that much.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's official! All 23 of us are back in America! The last few free travelers came home yesterday. I haven't talked to them since they've been home, but I am certainly hoping that their flights home were less eventful than mine was! Being delayed in a London airport for five hours was not my idea of a fun way to spend my last day in my new favorite city in the world. I miss everyone. It's such a weird feeling because I was with all of them all day every day for a month and now I really don't even talk to them. But here we (almost) all are at the top of the Wallace Monument in Stirling! We climbed 246 stairs for this picture.




No comments: