September 12, 2009

thankful

I am so thankful for the people that God has put in my life. I am blessed to have professors and friends who really actually care about me. It's new. I like it. There are people here who know me. They allow me to be honest about the way that I'm feeling even if it doesn't make sense. I know that it doesn't make sense that I still want attention from him. It doesn't matter here. There are people here who love me and tell me that they do. I think that's the biggest thing. My friends at home never tell me that they love me. And that's fine. Sometimes they show me that they love me. But my friends here tell me every time we talk. They hug me. A lot. They're patient and understanding. It's all new. They tell me I'm pretty. They pray for me. I have healthy relationships for the first time in my life and I love it. I'm thankful for them.

I am so thankful for the experiences that God has given me. He brought me to Harding. I know a lot of people may not be able to understand. All they see is the curfew and dress code and chapel requirements, but they don't understand how important Harding is to me. I complain about it sometimes, but I love it more than I could ever express. It's normal for me to go out on the front lawn and read my Bible. It's normal for me to tell my friends that I'm praying for them. God has blessed me with the opportunity to grow. He has blessed me with the opportunity to learn to be content. He has blessed me with the opportunity to be hurt and to bounce back with the help of my friends. He has allowed me to see how important other people are in the healing process. He allowed me to travel to London this summer where I was blessed to be surrounded by some of the most important people in my life. Whether they know it or not, their continued love and patience has blessed me beyond belief.

I am thankful that I don't know what dorm he lives in or when he has classes. I'm thankful that I only ever have to see him at soccer games and football games. I'm thankful that my friends are understanding and don't mind when I talk about him.

I'm thankful for the dorm that I live in. I love my room. It's comfortable and already feels like home. I have covered the walls in His word, pictures of family and friends and postcards from my dad. I love my RA. I love my dorm mom. I am so blessed by both of them. God knew what he was doing when he put me here. I want to live in Kendall forever. I am so thankful for that.

I am thankful for the life that I'm living even if I'm not always happy with it. I'm learning to be content with the situations that God gives me. I get frustrated sometimes when things don't go the way I want them to, but He is showing me that He remains in control. I'm thankful that He is.


No comments: