July 9, 2011

my car

my car got broken into on thursday night. they took most of the money that i have made this summer (it was meant to go to the bank but i didn't get a chance that day), my gps and my phone charger. i keep thinking about all of the things that i could have done differently so that there would have been a different outcome. but i didn't. and those things are gone. i feel violated and sad and frustrated. that money was supposed to pay for my two precious compassion kids for this year. and it was supposed to be the beginning of my savings for africa. and now i have to start over. since it happened, every time i sit in my car i feel nauseous. someone else has been in there. someone that i don't know. and they touched my things. and they took them. i work hard for my money. and yeah, i should not have waited that long to deposit the money in the bank. and yeah, i should not have left it in the center console overnight. but i am so anal about locking my car. and i was feeling so sick when i got home that night. i never even thought about it. it really really sucks. and i hope that whoever did it really needed that money.

2 comments:

Cara Linn said...

I'm so sorry, sweet girl. That happened to me last year and it is a rotten, rotten thing. Knowing someone else has been through your stuff is such an awful feeling. So so very sorry. I'll be praying. I know God will somehow provide financially. Love you.

Mix and Match Mama said...

Hi Katie! I'm so glad you posted a comment on my blog! I'm in love with my little guy too :)! I'm sorry about your car being broken in to. I think it's so cool that you have a heart for Africa. I'll be checking back in to see how things are going. Ephesians 3:20 made me think of you and Africa, "God can do anything you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams." (The Message)

Have a great day!